Paediatric Palliative Care and the National Disability Insurance Scheme Resources
This resource is a guide to assist families in understanding and accessing the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). We understand that navigating the NDIS can be overwhelming. This resource is designed specifically to ease this process for you and your loved ones.
In this guide, we aim to simplify this intricate process into manageable steps, providing you with the necessary knowledge and tools to embark on your journey toward accessing the NDIS.
This guide provides families with information on:
- What is the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)?
- How can you access the NDIS?
- Early Childhood Development Sector
- Early Childhood Approach
- The Health System vs the NDIS
- Disability Related Health Supports
- Navigating the NDIS
- Ways to Manage Your Child’s Plan
- Myplace Portal
- Understanding NDIS Support Budgets for Your Child’s Plan
- Understanding your Child’s Plan
- NDIS Price Guide
- NDIS Plans can be Changed
- What Do I Do if My Child Passes Away
The information in this Paediatric Palliative Care fact sheet is intended for the purpose of disseminating information to potential and current NDIS participants and their representatives. The information is correct to the best of Paediatric Palliative Care Australia’s knowledge at the time of publication.
You may find it useful to look at our 'Support to assist you on your Palliative Care Journey' resource