Chapter 5: ‘Enveloping myself in a blanket of love’: Rituals, metaphor and symbols
Chapter 5 ‘Enveloping myself in a blanket of love’: Rituals, metaphor and symbols sees Angela, Yvonne, Bec and Rachel speak of the loving connection they continue with their child through rituals that have evolved over the years and symbols that remind them of the presence of their child in their lives.
1. What fears do you hold about your connection with your child as time moves on? (00:10)
2. How do you maintain a relationship with your child? (2:06)
3. How have those around you responded to some of the ways you keep connected to your child? (07:15)
4. How important is it for you to find ways to continue ‘parenting’ your child? (12:26)
5. What rituals, metaphor and symbols surround you every day to create that blanket of love? (17:21)
If you would prefer to read these stories Chapter 5 - Enveloping myself in a blanket of love
Viewing these stories and confronting suffering may not be easy. When feeling vulnerable, some people find it helpful to lean into the comfort of trusted family and friends, a family doctor or counsellor.
If you are seeking urgent support we encourage you to contact Lifeline on 13 11 14.These videos have been funded as part of the Paediatric Palliative Care National Action Plan Project. This Project has been funded by the Australian Government.